Order not found?
This error message has come up and your customers are asking themselves as well as yourself why? And you have no idea what exactly is going on? Well, there are several possible causes for this to be showing up and we're here to shed some light on them. 🤔
Among the possible causes, we'll be inserting some possible workarounds - and how to bring the portal closer to your customers so they know precisely which information needs to be entered - and where. ✅
💬 Entered data needs to match 100% 🔥
- The data entered by the customer needs to match 100%. This means no spaces, no hyphens, nothing that would turn the info entered into an incorrect one.
💬 Customers do not know their order or where to find it? 💡
- Yes, this happens often and it happens to the best of us. Customers simply forgot their order number and do not know where to find it.
💬 Customers forgot the exact e-mail address they used? 🤯
- Does it happen often? You guessed it, it does! In the era where technology is taking over, we have way too many email addresses. And we forget, we're human after all.
💬 The exact format of the order number is not followed through? ℹ️
- It can happen indeed that the customers do not know the exact format of the order number (e.g. including the pre-fix) which needs to be entered. This is crucial information and without this, the error message will keep showing up.
💬 Typos ❌
- In the modern era, especially in the post-covid one, where we communicate mostly by text, typos can be a man's biggest enemy. Watch out for them! They could be found in e-mail addresses, order numbers, practically anywhere.
💬 Wrong URL/Link to Returns Portal 🔗
- It could happen that at some point you've changed the identifier of your returns portal in your Rich Returns dashboard (under Brand Settings). Some customers could still be using the link to the old portal. In this case, the likely scenario would be an unsuccessful attempt of starting a return. Always make sure your customers are using the correct link.
How to advise your customers as well as reduce the number of issues similar to this one? Here's some advice on that:
- Customize the text fields in advance to warn or advise your customers about the information they need to enter. E.g. the right format of the order number.
- Customize the notification that shows up when an order cannot be found. Insert a helpful note that may solve the issue your customer is facing instantly!
- Using their ZIP code instead of email address can also help reduce the cases you get.
⚡ Pro-Tip: You can customize your text fields when you head over from your Dashboard ➡️ Translations ➡️ Customize. Selecting a language from the dropdown menu will leave you with a whole new world to explore, and customize!