Understanding customer notifications / emails
A return has a lifecycle with the following stages:
- Sent out automatically when the customer submits the return (unless 'auto approve' is enabled)
- Sent out automatically if 'auto approve' is enabled or status updated to 'Approved'
- ( Rejected )
Each of these stages has an email template associated with it that is sent out to the customer automatically once the status of the return is updated - e.g. through your staff.
You can find all email templates under the >> E-Mail Settings >> Your Customers >> tab in the Rich Returns dashboard. In the Dropdown select a specific stage to see the associated email template. Email templates can be enabled/disabled to your liking and process.
The only email template with multiple variations is the Approved-Email template. Only one of these is sent out based on the scenario of the return:
- Approved Return
- this template is sent out in case you do not use prepaid labels at all or a prepaid label is not being used for this return
- this email should in almost all cases contain the physical return address of your warehouse
- Approved Return (Automatic Prepaid Label)
- this template is being sent out if an automatic prepaid label from one of our supported label-platforms and carriers is being sent to the customer
- Approved Return (Automatic Prepaid Label - Error)
- only sent out if an automatic prepaid label fails for some reason (rare)
- Approved Return (Manually Uploaded Prepaid Label)
- this template is being sent out only for manual prepaid labels that you upload as a PDF in our dashboard for a specific return