Equip managers to optimize features, navigate the dashboard effectively. Contact Rich Commerce support for assistance. Get started with our valuable guide!
Wondering how you can customize your returns portal? You're at the right place.
The Brand settings section is the place you should be looking at.
The journey starts here.
What exactly can I edit though? Here's the full list of all customizable parts of the page:
- Brand name - enter the brand name you want to be displayed to your customers.
- Shopify store URL - Enter your Shopify store address, usually in the format 'https://www.yourStoreName.myshopify.com'. In most cases, we can pre-fill this field and you don't have to change anything.
- Unique identifier - Enter a unique identifier for your brand. This is used in URLs. For a brand "Crazy Apples" the unique identifier would be "crazyapples". ONLY letters and numbers, NO spaces/dots/etc. Ple
- Contact email - Provide an email address for your customers to contact you in case they need additional help with a return.
- Disable "Return to store" header (optional) - Check this button ONLY if you want to remove the top bar of the customer portal ("Return to store").
- Favicon (optional) - This is a new feature!Upload your Favicon. Optimal dimensions for Favicon are 16x16 pixels but it can be 32x32 pixels. To provide your customers with blazing fast pageload time the filesize is limited to 16kb and supported formats are .ico, .jpeg, .png and .svg.
- Logo (optional) - Upload your logo. To provide your customers with blazing fast pageload time the filesize is limited to 1Mb and supported formats are .jpg, .png and .svg.
- Background image (optional) - If you want to show a full-screen background image to your customers, upload it here. See here for an example. To provide your customers with blazing fast pageload time the filesize is limited to 2Mb and the only supported formats are .jpg, .jpeg and .png.
- Background color (optional) - If you want to style the return portal with a custom color matching your brand enter the corresponding color hex code including the "#" symbol. Note: when you have uploaded a background image above it will be used primarily instead of the brand color.
- Button color (optional) - Set a color for the button on the return-portal page. For default color see the return-portal page.
- Button text color (optional) - Set the color of the text within the button. For default color see the return-portal page.
- Contact-us text color (optional) - Set the color of the text below the form that says "Contact us at...". For default color see the return-portal page.
You most certainly can, under the Analytics section or through our API.
There are several options under the Analytics section. Either looking at the Dashboard, which will provide you with useful information on, e.g., number of orders, number of returns, return rate, total return value, average return value, etc. You can also message us with a suggestion if you'd like to see another number here!
Another route you could go down with is exporting data as a CSV file. This is also an option where you can export all of your returns as well as information about them (order date, return resolution, product SKU, etc).
Export data as CSV!
For the tech-savvy - there's also the option to retrieve returns via our API. The documentation regarding this possibility can be found here.
This is a great way to customize the return process to suit your needs in specific scenarios or cases where you have an exception to the usual/general setup.
You can find the Advanced Rules corner when you head over from your Dashboard 👉🏻 Return settings 👉🏻 Advanced Rules.
We're going to list several scenarios of common rules set up by customers in order to give a closer look and feel of how this feature works.
Case 1: Overriding the general return timeframe
Your return policy allows products to be returned 30 days after the delivery date. But what if you allow returns after 30 days but only as store credit? This rule will cover you.
We have arrived
This will allow customers to submit a return request after 30 days but will only allow them to select the Store Credit option when they are going through the return process. Useful, right?
Case 2: Modify returns based on a selected return action
What if you accept Refunds as a return resolution but in this case, the customer would be responsible for the shipping instead of you providing the automatic pre-paid label? This is the process that would explain that scenario.
Neat, huh? Now, whenever your customers select a refund as a return action, they will only be able to select that option and go ahead with the process according to your return policy!
Case 3: Make the Photo Add-On feature a requirement when the selected return reason is "Defective"
Your customer wants to return a product that they have marked as "Defective" on checkout/during the returns process. That's fine. But, sometimes we need proof that this is relevant and the product really is damaged/defective. In cases like this one, the Photo Add-On feature pairs greatly with our Advanced Rules.
Note: the text you put in under Value will have to match exactly the return reason/string you already have set up under your Return Reasons field.
Communicating with your customers is a perfect way to show your customers you care as well as leaving a great impression of your company.
A return can find itself in several statuses based on which you will send out emails/notifications to your customers.
When the status of a return is Pending, this means that the return has been submitted by the customer through the return portal and is waiting for your approval.
When the status of a return is Approved, this means that you have approved the return in the dashboard (or auto-approved, depending on your settings) and no prepaid label is enabled for this return. Depending on your settings this could also mean that a prepaid automatic label is sent out to the customer along with the Approved email.
This means that you have marked the return as shipped, usually triggered manually before approving.
A received return means that you have set the status of the return to notify the customer or the staff that this package has been received. Usually, a check is involved before finalizing the return (approving or rejecting).
This is one of the final stages/statuses of a return, meaning that a resolution has been found and you have issued a refund or an exchange.
Self-explanatory, right? This is the status of a return that you have found to be ineligible.
Now we know what each status means. We will use this knowledge to go ahead and set up our email templates to correspond to each status a return can be in. You can find this section and customize it when you go over to Email settings 👉🏻 Your customers.
When you would like to modify a template, you would just select the appropriate one under the Select email dropdown menu. You can customize each email template with multiple variables we have that will be replaced with relevant information when sent out to the customers.
The only email template with multiple variations is the Approved-Email template. Only one of these is sent out based on the scenario of the return:
- Approved Return
- this template is sent out in case you do not use prepaid labels at all or a prepaid label is not being used for this return
- this email should in almost all cases contain the physical return address of your warehouse
- Approved Return (Automatic Prepaid Label)
- this template is being sent out if an automatic prepaid label from one of our supported label-platforms and carriers is being sent to the customer
- Approved Return (Automatic Prepaid Label - Error)
- only sent out if an automatic prepaid label fails for some reason (rare)
- Approved Return (Manually Uploaded Prepaid Label)
- this template is being sent out only for manual prepaid labels that you upload as a PDF in our dashboard for a specific return
This can be done when searching and finding the Translations 👉🏻 Customize buttons.
Selecting a language from the dropdown menu will open up a whole new world for you to explore and customize. This has proven very helpful in providing your customers with additional steps or warnings regarding specific scenarios that involve your return policy.
Do not forget to press Save changes once you are done with the customizations!
Below you can find links that will take you straight to the resources and workflows that are specifically created for different departments that combine to create one synchronized unit that is your company.
- Customer Support
- Logistics Partner
- Warehouse Staff
- Product/Project Manager
- Financial Department
- Data Analyst
We are here to help and provide support to you 24/7. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] and expect someone from our Customer Success team to contact you soon after!