Auto-Fill Fields / Deep-link returns - Order number & email in URL
Learn how to retrieve using Liquid code in our documentation. Enhance the experience by providing easy access to order information from the URL.
Yes, you can attach parameters orderNumber and orderEmail to your regular returns portal URL.
- orderNumber: can contain the order number or order name on Shopify
- orderEmail: contains the email address used in the order
A fully working URL looks like the following https://returns.richcommerce.co/return/new?c=healthyfoodcompany&orderNumber=16347&orderEmail[email protected]
Note that characters have to be escaped correctly to be URL scheme compliant. See Shopify's documentation on Liquid about url_escape and url_param_escape here.
Use cases for the URL
- your Shopify customer accounts page
- your Shopify order confirmation emails
- your helpdesk in case reps should be able to initate returns as well